can you sync RGB-LED strips to be powered by bass?

Participant count
  • Participant list

tjkollmeyer

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, i was wondering if i would be able to have rbg color changing led strips be powered by my 4 channel amp (wired into rear speakers perhaps) so that the leds would pulse to the bass frequencies while still maintaining their ability to change colors. ive done this before but only with solid color led strips that just have power and ground.

most RGB strips i see are controlled by a little box which you can select the colors and setting from. this box is usually wired to plug into the cigarette lighter, so i guess my question is am i able to wire that control box to recieve power from the speakers, or will the box constantly turning on/off with varying amounts of power cause issues?

is there any other way this could work? i cant find any info on rgb strips to bass/audio, only solid color leds, thanks!

Get a controller that does it at the RCA level. It won't be ideal but it'll sort of work. If you're familiar with programming you can make one that works well with the module or your own module that consists of something like an arduino nano

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.