Can you strap tho amps from diff. manufacturers

yea cause they will just catch fire...

Paypal me $100 and I will go to the trouble of making you a video... dumbass..

You seem very confident that two different amps can be strapped and merged into one output channel, so you should be the pioneer and let us know what happens when you do that.

You seem very confident that two different amps can be strapped and merged into one output channel, so you should be the pioneer and let us know what happens when you do that.
I would hardly be the 'pioneer' on that one.. well, maybe around these forums...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Even better, what about strapping four amps together? Why don't we try that?
Well, I'm glad you asked.. it would be quite easy to bridge all four amps in parallel, or two pair of series bridged mono blocks in parallel.. In terms of bridging two pair of series bridged 'strapped' amps in series, it's also possible so long as each pair of series bridged monoblocks had thier own isolated reference ground... this could be done on a dual alt system with seperate batteries and isolated ground returns...

Here is nice quote from Richard Clark on the old carsound forum for you kiddies:

I can bridge any amps--------i can even bridge a pair of bridged amps--------and i can bridge a pair of bridged, bridged amps--------the only limit is when the total voltage exceeds the insulation limits of the materials used in the construction of the amps-------usually this puts a practical limit to a couple thousand volts-------perhaps we can have a Autosound seminar on "bridging amps"-----or we could call it a seminar on "how to wire audio amps so you can really electrocute yourself"................RC

Here is also a schematic of two series bridged, series bridged amplifiers using seperate ground returns...

schematic.gif

So what's the point of doing that and why would anyone want to mix and match different amps then hope that it'll work?
The point would be that Joe Schmoe could take his monoblock 1200 watt amp and his other monoblock 1500 watt amp and bridge them for at least 2400 watts...

It might not be the classiest setup but the OP wanted to know if it could be done.. with a little gain matching, the answer is yes..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.