Can you still buy XBL^2 subs new?

*Ace*
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
It's been a while since I've really been in the forums. I was around when ED first came out with their flatcones A's, Adire was still making the Brahma's and the RE XXX was the ****, before they got sold to US amps. However Adire is now out of buisness and I'm pretty sure the new RE doesn't use XBL^2 in their subs any more. So my question is, where do I buy a XBL^2 sub brand new? I'm going in a whole new direction now, looking for a more SQ based system and would really like an XBL^2 sub, but if I can't find it I'll have to find something else.

My choices for subs right now are the following if I can't get what I really want:

ID Max 12"

IDQ 12"

TC Sounds LMS-R 12"

Soundsplinter RL-S 12" (probably not this sub as it's single 4 ohm only)

Whatever sub I get will be in a sealed enclosure. So where can I find a XBL^2 sub brand new, and if I can't what are you're guys experience with the above subs when it comes to SQ?

Thanks

buy his xxx motor, standard 12/15/18 basket and get a recone for it
I had 2 mint 12's at one time, sold one and kept one...wish I would of kept both now
I might have to do that but I wanted to invert my sub, hence the reason for wanting a new one that doesn't have any scratches or damage to the motor.

Creative Sounds used to have a sdx15. It was a pretty good sub, I though they still offered it, IDK. Other than that, no there are no XBL^2 subs to get new... LMS-R uses a different tech to get a flat BL, and they are somewhat pricey, but still good subs.

that might be hard to find. The xxx and brahma have been out of production for a while now. The brahma is at least painted so you can refurb it, but again hard to find.

Don't think the RL-P is XBL^2. Ascendant audio's avalanche is XBL^2 but they are gone as well. I do have an avalanche motor I am not using if you wanna buy it. I also have 12,15, and 18 inch baskets. Fi car audio is Ascendant audio and they still sell recones for the avalanche.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.