Can you post pics of inverted/downward firing W7's?

ohravi
10+ year member

I'm having a hard time figuring out how I'm going to invert mount my W7. Can you guys post some pics of them downward firing or reverse mounted?

As you know the mounting system of the w7 is kind of wierd because the screws are under the surround.

I'm thinking of using hex screws...none the less I have confined space. If you guys have any cool showy ideas (I dont want any painted fiberglass) let me know. I'm looking to do like vinyl etc.

I'm also looking for some cheap 1" thick plexiglass if you guys know where to get some, holla back =)

Any ideas and help with this are appreciated...

ravi

I wouldn't think you would be able to because of the surround like you said. even if you used very short screws i would think the surround would rub against it and most likely cut it and leave a whole on each screw hole area...which wouldnt be good, but that's just my opinion. there might be a way to do it i just couldnt think of one.

you could just mount it regular on a peice of mdf regular and then flip the mdf and mount it with the front of the sub on the inside of it.... Idk though

-Blake

It's possible, its been done before. Just trying to figure how to implement it..hex screws will work!

I'll build the baffle first, and then place that on the box, last.

but I need cool, showy ideas...its going in my 350z.

you could just mount it regular on a peice of mdf regular and then flip the mdf and mount it with the front of the sub on the inside of it.... Idk though
-Blake

my thoughts as well....

but wouldnt the screws be sticking out of the box?

You could use body filler that moulded from the flat front baffle up a little ways on each leg of th basket. Just by putting masking tape on the sub basket legs after mounting it on a trial piece of mdf, then putting some tape on the trial piece as well wherever you plan on putting the filler. Make your design then lift it off the tape, it should pop right off. Sand to perfection and paint it however you want or vinyl it if you are good with vinyl. Attach it to a double thick front baffle with a cyanoacrylate of some sort, mount your subs in the baffle and then attach the baffle to the box.

You could use T-nuts (not sure if that's what they're really called). Either way, the things that you insert a metal threaded piece into the wood and a machine screw screws into that. Just cut the machine screw a little short so it doesn't purtrude through the box.

That way you can rip her out and turn it around if you so desire, without any hassle.

You could use T-nuts (not sure if that's what they're really called). Either way, the things that you insert a metal threaded piece into the wood and a machine screw screws into that. Just cut the machine screw a little short so it doesn't purtrude through the box.
That way you can rip her out and turn it around if you so desire, without any hassle.
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=3 many too choose from

Also do you want mean downfiring as in inverted or do you really want pics of both?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.