Can you identify this ignition kill system/device????

earbender

I bought a used car that had this system. Unfortunately that car was totaled and in the time I owned it, I never figured out who made it. I'll describe it.

Car had an auto trans. So by default, you had to push the brake pedal for it to even turn over.

The device in question had the fuel pump deactivated. You had to push the brake pedal, turn the key to the on position, then push a hidden switch. Otherwise, not even the check engine light would come on when you turned the key (the starter wouldn't even try). But if you did this, the fuel pump was activated and it would start.

When you turned off the car, everything would reset, and you couldn't start it again unless you did those 3 things.

But there was more to it. Elsewhere in the car was a hidden plastic harness and a separate detachable piece that could clip into it to complete a circuit. When you did this, the car would function like normal, no need for the switch to get the fuel pump working. This was useful for when the car was in the shop, or for 'valet' service, etc., as I could clip the harness and piece together and then wouldn't have to explain how things work or give away my security device secret.

When I wanted to be back in secure mode, I just detached the piece and now it would again default to the fuel pump not getting power without hitting the button after the brake was pushed and the key turned to the on position.

I've done a bunch of searches to try to find this device online but haven't turned up anything like it. There are tons of simple toggle switch or push button designs, but none I could find that have the 'valet' harness to disable the system at will.

Can anyone out there direct me to a manufacturer of something like this? I'd like to implement the same set-up in my new car.

Thanks.

How do you mean? The lots were installing them for potential customers? Or the lots buy cars from the kind of people that own them? Or they had them installed so that people couldn't steal them from the lot?

It's a sweet system for sure. I know would be thieves will always find a way, but I was certainly more at ease knowing they'd have a bit more of a challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.