Can underpowering subs damage the subs

like said above you will have to clip the sub to death trying to drive the amp to do more then it can, under powering causing damage is like saying I can't listen to my system half way up because the lack of full rms will damage them so it's all or nothing! .........................at least that's the line I will be using from here out.

I can't listen to my system half way up because the lack of full rms will damage them so it's all or nothing! .........................at least that's the line I will be using from here out.
Another great way of putting it haha. And it really does sound silly when you put it that way.

If you dont put enough power to them, they won't have enough excursion to cool and then fail

dc076df8.jpg

Yes, if your amp is sending a clipped signal although the woofer is receiveing 500rms for example at full clipp because the of lack of cooling its approximatelyl like running 1500rms.

Hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.