can this drop voltage?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Evan3m
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
SXM
sup guys

i have a 2 gauge wire running for my sub amp and i ran a different 4 gauge wire to a distribution block that splits into two 4 guage wires for my two mid amps... will this cause voltage drop or decrease current? or will this work fine? thanks

i have a a300db running at 2 ohms on the 2 gauge....which is 1800 watts rms....then on the two mid amps i am running an audiobahn 400(100rmsx2) and a 600 (75 rmsx4)

right now without the mids i am getting 14.7 volts on my sub amp....and i just wanted to ask before i ran the other wire...

a vw golf...i have an upgraded alt...and a batt used for street lights...its some solar batt my dad had. its heavy as hell...but it works very well....lasts long when the car is off. and made my ground clean and short. so what u think? can i run my wire for the mids?

Do you mean you ran the 2-gauge to the A3000db, and then 4-gauge from teh A3000db to the D-Block?

While this does work and shouldn't cause any problems, it is considered a sin in the Car Audio World. And yes it will result in a very small, almost immeasurable voltage drop. _ Every connection causes a voltage drop.

If teh 4-gauge is run Right from the Battery, there definately won't be a problem, but it is a waste of wire.

no i ran the 2 gauge from the batt to the A3000db and i ran another 4 gauge wire from the batt to the block that splits it into two 4 gauge wires for my 2 mid amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.