Can this be fixed?

no they will catch on fire and your entire family will die.

i dont recommend touching them unless you are mailing them to me.

yes they are fixable lol. just re-solder the tinsel lead to the wire terminal. should take all but 5 minutes.

wckcpw.jpg

thanks jmanpc. looks easy enough. but my tinsel threads are alot thinner than yours. my sub is a mtx roadthunder 15". Ill post pics tonight or tomorrow.

ok I was searching on the site for other post on the tinsel lead break. my break looks different from the other post. and also from jmanpc my leads broke in the middle. So is this a bigger problem? I hope not. like a said its a 15 mtx roadthunder probably about 2 or so yrs old. imma try and solder them back tonight.

in my opinion this is a easier fix you might need some extra tinsel or wire to connect the two back together u might want to pigtail or twist the two together a little to make sure this dosent happen soon again

When fixing tinsel leads, never simply resolder them back together when they are broke in the middle. A much better/safer procedure is to buy a length of new tinsel wire, cut the old off at both ends and solder the new back in (at both ends).

The tinsel lead will require the most flex in the middle. The solder joint will not be flexible. Hence its better to have joints at either end of the lead, like from the factory, than to have a splice in the middle of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

fuimalexis

10+ year member
fuimalexis
Orlando, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from