Can speakers lost their "punch" after a time?

faive

Hi. I have had a pair of Boston Acoustics components on the front and BA coaxials on rear for about one year and a half powered by my JL Audio amplifier. I have never abused them and actually set my amp filter to be restrictive about the low frequencies so my speakers could reproduce bass frequencies with no harm but with a presence. Anyway all this time my speakers have sound the same but this week I "think" I am hearing them sounding with not as much punch (or bass response) than before. There is no distortion and no other alteration in sound, just not that punch as before. Given that I haven't done anything to my speakers nor to my eq can they stop all of a sudden reproducing the low frequencies as they used to? Should I replace my speakers? Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.