Can someone please help me out im new to car audio

dcypher1986

Hey everyone,

Im new here and i am also new to car stereos as i just purchased my first one. I bought a pioneer 50*4 watt mosfet head unit and two 200 watt kenwood 3 way speakers. I have Wired it all up and it works fine. but.. The speakers are very very un bassey. My friend has a lower wattage head unit which powers the same speakers better. When i switch the balance of the speakers to one speaker it is very bassey but when they are together it is not. Is there anyway i can fix this so i can get the power out of both of them. I dont really want to buy an amp. Also i dont know if this is possible but since i have 4*50 watt output and only 2 speakers is there anyway to combine the extra channels and run them to the speakers so i am getting 100 watts per speaker?

If someone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance:)

When i switch the balance of the speakers to one speaker it is very bassey but when they are together it is not.
Uh, balancing the speakers shouldn't make one have more bass then the other, so if this is what's going on it sounds like something is wrong? I'm kind-of confused. It seams like you may have a good/decent reciever since you have a rateing of 50x4 and mosfet chip. How did you wire them?

Desi_daru is right; it's more like 20watte range, because the internal amplifiers can't run like externals. Something to do with heat efficiency, and smaller componets like the capacitores, and by tubes. Sure, Pioneer claimes 50watts, but it really isn't (just trust me).

sounds like you have one speaker out of phase...

try reversing the polarity of one or the other so that they are "in phase" with each other.

Basically, what's happenning is that the two of them are acting as opposing forces, creating opposing waves, which will negate those "bassey" tones.

The problem is you have one of the speaker wires backwards. This is fact, pull the stereo out of the dash so you can get to the wires, disconnect the left side speaker wire, take a D battery and connect the positive wire to positive on the battery, neg. wire to negative on battery, if they are wired correctly the speaker will push out. If the speaker pushes out, repeat process with the right side speaker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.