Perfect upgrade from cdt cl61's- sound quality and loud

Participant count
  • Participant list

kevinsean23
10+ year member

This site makes me crave the upgrade. I need a fix I got some great advice on an amp for my front two speakers-due to only having 50w RMS to them right now and now I want to upgrade my front components soon too. The amp i chose will be putting out 150w RMS

Some advice from the almighty wise ones:

looking for speakers that are louder but also clear to replace my cdt cl61's. They run 90RMS & r 6.5inches. They're great, but seems i've been smitten by the mod bug again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif i guess i'll make this a gift wish

So what's a recommended component set that is capable of going louder than the cdt's but are also full of sound quality for about $300 internet price?

i'm still waiting for people that have heard them to give their impressions of them. i would assume that they're great, but sometimes speakers that cost more don't show an appreciable difference, or better yet, the additional benefit to warrant the cost.

i'm still waiting for people that have heard them to give their impressions of them. i would assume that they're great, but sometimes speakers that cost more don't show an appreciable difference, or better yet, the additional benefit to warrant the cost.
what about installing the new amp with the cdt's, then see how they sound?

i think that's what i'm going to do first. may increase the stability and sound when way up high.

may turn out that i may not want to upgrade once i'm not underpowering my speakers anymore. I have yet to truly fix the rear deck rattle though.

i think that's what i'm going to do first. may increase the stability and sound when way up high.
may turn out that i may not want to upgrade once i'm not underpowering my speakers anymore. I have yet to truly fix the rear deck rattle though.
i'd def amp the cdt's. i think you will be very impressed. have you tried dynamatting? i think i may do it to mine when i install my new sub amp.

no, me too lazy to dynamatt plus i've heard that that stuff comes off after a while. i don't want to make a big mess too.
i thought you ust peel it off and put in on? they do have spray on stuff too. im 2 lazy myself. the only reason im hooking up my system is because my friend is gonna help me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.