Can someone explain to me what is vacuum in a subbox.

The thing we are trying to avoid here is "turbulence" (my guess is you mistranslated this).

For the port to function properly you will want it to not be too close to other things that will effect the way the air column in the port vibrates and projects its sound.

You may be able to have port right next to a woofer or close to a hard surface in the vehicle and it will sound fine but performance becomes unpredictable once you add these new variables.

The way a port works is that it is a column of air being vibrated (similar principle of blowing across the top of a bottle). Try blowing across the top of a bottle and move your finger around the opening as you go, you can hear the sound change. With a port we have an opening on each side and anything too close to either opening will change the volume of air that is vibrated and also the efficiency.

I hope you can translate this enough to help.
so you should not have a brace to close to the port? or subwoofer if possible

interesting

You got it. Try to keep the port openings free of any obstruction. You want a free flow of air as much as possible. You can brace close to the woofer though. Just not the port.
is it fine if i have like a brace cylinder in the middle inside the port instead of at the beginning or should i avoid that to?

I think every company needs to have some small box sizes published just to cater to the retail market that is largely going to be just dead set on cramming too much cone area into too small space and won't really know any better when they get poor performance.

Hahahaha I love this comment. I don't have enough numbers to count the amount of times.

interesting

It depends. Sometimes bracing is also used for airflow reasons. If I can, I always try to get the subwoofers as far away from the port opening on the inside of the box as possible. Idk, if you want to, I can design a box for these subs. I have some stuff I can tell you DD privately, if you're interested. I've done a lot of DD designs since like 2009, so I can definitely get these subs loud for you and have a strongly braced box that'll last a long time. I don't mind giving tips, either.

It depends. Sometimes bracing is also used for airflow reasons. If I can, I always try to get the subwoofers as far away from the port opening on the inside of the box as possible. Idk, if you want to, I can design a box for these subs. I have some stuff I can tell you DD privately, if you're interested. I've done a lot of DD designs since like 2009, so I can definitely get these subs loud for you and have a strongly braced box that'll last a long time. I don't mind giving tips, either.
you can give me some tips as long as they work.

but what specific information about dd?

I'm just very familiar with their products. Their subs have a certain nature to them, as far as designing boxes for those woofers goes. They make good woofers. It's a lot to explain step by step how to design what I think would be a perfect box for these woofers. With your box, I'd go bigger on the airspace, if you could. Your tuning is pretty good for a daily music system.

I'm just very familiar with their products. Their subs have a certain nature to them, as far as designing boxes for those woofers goes. They make good woofers. It's a lot to explain step by step how to design what I think would be a perfect box for these woofers. With your box, I'd go bigger on the airspace, if you could. Your tuning is pretty good for a daily music system.
yeah i like both tight and deep tho not very deep bass but with a 32-33hz box tuning they should play pretty deep at around 28-35Hz tho my car/kind of a car. Doesnt have that much space as you can see il try to make it as big as i can

Last edited:

interesting

Bracing by the woofer in the box shouldn't matter at all and having to brace inside or right at the mouth of a port is not optimum, but sometimes you have to do it. If you must add bracing inside the port use something round and as small as possible so that it interferes with air movement within the port as little as possible.

Round port is much more resistant to flexing so should not require obtrusive bracing and if you're using a slot port just doubling up the thickness of the port walls should firm them up without hindering air flow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...