Skar Vs Rockford Fosgate

smoothtones

CarAudio.com Newbie
SA
So I have a box for 2 10s subwoofer and it’s has about 1.4 cu ft for each speaker and I don’t know wether to go with the Rockford fosgate p3 or skar sdr10s, either way I already have an amp from nemesis audio that’s for 1600 watts.

Sorry but that’s Not enough information about the box for anyone to do more than guess which sub would be better. Sealed or ported. If ported, how big is the port? ( size and length) Also what kind of music do you listen to?

Sorry but that’s Not enough information about the box for anyone to do more than guess which sub would be better. Sealed or ported. If ported, how big is the port? ( size and length) Also what kind of music do you listen to?
It is is ported .227 cu ft. I listen to rap music

Attachments

• 31949684-C629-42D3-8BD6-4CA2D7F2741F.jpeg
    31949684-C629-42D3-8BD6-4CA2D7F2741F.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 89
With subwoofers its the box that determines its results, poorly braced box with expensive subwoofers will yield poor performance and some may write up a review to state not to buy the product without indicating the box they use, prefab or custom made, power supplied and the vehicle it is installed. Regardless of the budget and the brand you will use, the box will either make or break it in your sound performance. Remember, even if you make the box up to the manufacturers specs, you will have different outcome in each vehicle. One factor is the cabin loading of the vehicle which again differs due to box placement. If I had the choice of either, I would incline towards Rockord Fosgate, as they have been churning out reliable gear over the past 4 decades and if you stick to the box requirements and don't over-power them x 2, your system should outlast your car provided you don't drive your gear to distortion , theoretically speaking!

Depends on your budget. If you can afford the RoFo P3's, that would be my choice. If you need a cheaper, the VFL's or https://audiolegion.com/collections/javelin-series/products/javelin-series-10-inch-car-subwoofer
two of these
My son has 2 p3’s in his Audi and they hit pretty hard….not quite like my 2 T112 D4’s, but dad’s ALWAYS gotta be bigger n better. lol In most cases, I’d always go with Rockford. I’ve owned many subs….MTX, AudioPipe, Kicker, Soundstream, etc, and currently have 2 JL 12tw3’s in my work truck, which I love….and IMO Rockford are definitely top tier subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...