Can I Use Marine Batteries Instead Of Kenetiks?

Participant count
  • Participant list

pcchris
10+ year member

CAN I USE MARINE BATTERIES INSTEAD OF KENETIKS?

would i get by using marine batteries or do i need agm group 31's

also do marine batteries give off fumes....(this is going in a suv install don't need anything harmful coming from em)

im going to be putting down rubber mat in the back of the suv so the batteries can sit on em incase of leaks

im trying to get 4 bxi-2608ds powered up

also how fast do marine batteries charge off the alt?

im asking this because i came across a lot of marine batteries that have equivalent ratings to a 2400 kenetik............

...........someone tell me will i be safe using these and how well they perform im ready to BANG!

also whats the cheapest battery you all know of that put out just as much power as a Ken 2400?

Ive seen some shurikens on sonic electronix that are like $260 are they good? and is anything out there cheaper? if not im going marine if i can

when they charge they give off H can explode but if you make a nice little chamber for them to go underneath the ride they would be fine just get them outside the car. I remember running unsealed batts in my van I never cared but was young was dumb.

yes a marine battery will work. make sure its sealed. charge time depends on alt size.

it scares me when people are going for a big system but still ask basic questions...

You should be fine with unsealed batts in a SUV. If you are really worried then get something like an Interstate Workaholic, then they have vent ports on the side to make it easy to run a tube through your fenders.

Batts only gas when they are overcharged, and even if they did gas, they are not going to produce enough gas to explode an suv.

Btw sealed batts vent when overcharged too, thats why most have a pressure relief valve.....

charge time depends on alt size.
That and it depends on plate count/thickness/density. If you have high CA but low Ah, then it will recharge and discharge fast. If you have high Ah and low CA, then it will recharge and discharge slowly. The best bet for daily is somewhere in the middle with good Ah and CA.

I would run agm inside and I would still vent it (still in many soundquality rule books regardless if it is sealed agm or not) flooded cells need water and corrode and should be in a leak proof battery box and even then you may be in for a nasty suprise when you remove the battery/batteries and its box/boxes.

Also on the battery a smaller one with less Ah will die faster under load than its larger counter part and thus need a greater charge from a DOD perspective...I just got done jump starting 2 cars within the last 2 1/2 weeks because people were "jammin" in a couple parking lots ..was pretty funny the kid said he never listens to hissystem with the engine off and there he was stranded in front of taco bell.

yes a marine battery will work. make sure its sealed. charge time depends on alt size.
it scares me when people are going for a big system but still ask basic questions...

uhm i didn't think of it as a basic question i just never knew of anyone using them

i seen them in walmart so i had to ask.....but thanks thats what i needed to know......

and this isn't my first big system i had 6 quantum 15"s (old style w/ high roll surround) in a wall @34hz running on 3 jl/500/1's its just my first power hugry install.....and im just ready to step it up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.