Can I trickle charge while my car is on?

Participant count
  • Participant list

loudlittlefvkus
10+ year member

Michigan
theres a car show at my school pretty soon, and my electrical system wont handle them playing that long i dont think, even with it running. can i grab a few extention cords and hook up a trickle charger to help out a little bit while im playing my system or should i just wait till after? id have about 2 hours after to charge it till school gets out, we can push it back up to a wall plug if we need, ahah

i have an optima yellow top so no jump starting right?

Trickle charger will make no difference with the car running. Either don't play full tilt or plan on doing demos and letting it charge back up before doing it again...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Hmmm, taking a stab here. This assumes you can use (and own) a volt meter and can test the individual cell(s). Here is a link that might help...
Got everything installed and running. It's definitely dragging my idle down a bit, I may bump my idle speed up a few hundred Rpm until the voltage...
It couldn’t hurt things lol. Certainly better than the thousands of pages on politics.
yall. I unplugged the radio harness and the antenna and plugged it all back in and it works. I guess its fixed… suppose it was the head unit...
Thank you all for all the replies, I intend to reply to each and every one individually as I test things out. Here's the latest development that...

About this thread

loudlittlefvkus

10+ year member
loudlittlefvkus
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from