Can I repair my Kicker CS67's? I managed to poke a hole in the cone.

Participant count
  • Participant list

hayfever

I was trying to mount some Kicker CS67's, the drill driver slipped and the phillips head hit the cone part of the speaker.

One is only damaged the other one is still good, it would be a shame to throw it away.

Would it be possible to repair this speaker? is there such repair kits out there or some type of glue?

I have tried to run some power through it and only the tweeter is working at the moment.

Is there a suggested method so I can repair the speaker?

Hmm...sounds like you did damage it. Can you post up a pic of it?

No recones avail...but you may be able to buy the drivers by themselves if you looked online.

Sure, I will try and get a pic of it later on. Its more of a crack rather than a hole I suppose because of the material.

Because Kickers are popular I would have thought there would be some sort of repair kits readily available.

Been doing some reading online and seeing some stuff about some type of cement.

If it's a crack, some type of special glue could work and won't affect the sound. But you said it doesn't work when power is applied to it?

That's what I am thinking as well, because there are no missing pieces as such its just split at the edge.

A picture will be able to provide more insight which I will upload when I get a chance.

There is power but its just the tweeter that makes any sound the cone is not moving so I will have a closer look and see if something has come loose at the same time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.