Random pops in new isntall

Participant count
  • Participant list

harlon
10+ year member

Texas
"install", that is. Sorry.

Hi. I just had a system installed last week (local shop) and I'm having an issue with pops and clicks. I will take the truck back to the installer next week but I kinda was hoping if I shared the symptoms I might could go in somewhat armed with what the problem might be. Basically I hear pops every 5 to 15 seconds. Not super loud but easily loud enough to be annoying. I have tried panning to all 4 speakers and it happens in all of them. It happens regardless of audio source (HD radio, Sirius, ipod, etc). I can even hear it when the volume is muted. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Other than the pops the system really sounds amazing.

The system:

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

Audiopipe 5510 5 Channel amp

Focal ISS 165 (front)

Alpine 6.5" speakers (rear)

JL Audio CS110TG-TW3 Sub

Sirius Satellite

And the vehicle is a 2013 Tundra Crew Max.

Thank you!

could just be bad rca, rca touching power wire, ground not tight or spot not sanded bare metal, could be amp is bad, could be bad hu or 480 other things.. make sure all wires are tight on batt, ground, amp even (remote wire) make sure rcas pushed tight and the ends aren't falling apart.. also could be they screwed the puppy dog on wiring the hu..

Have the shop fix it since they installed everything. It could be 5725 number of things. Since the install is still new, should be under their warranty.

I just don't get how your questioning it here if your not happy take it back. Tell them what's going on. Have them listen to it.

I just don't get how your questioning it here if your not happy take it back. Tell them what's going on. Have them listen to it.
I said in my post I am going to take it back. But I work nights all week so it will be next week before I can take it. I was just hoping someone here could give me an idea of what it might be. Thanks anyhow for the replies. Sounds like it could be anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.