can i make a flea market box better???

ttsquared100
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
the south
my friend just got an 10 l7. we dont excatly have the time to build a box now but he wants to use it until we can build a proper SPL box.

i was at the flea market and saw some boxes that would fit the sub. could i get the box and like caulk the edges and put some fiberglass resin in it. maybe add some nails would it still be a piece of crap.

ok i figure the guy that made the boxes prob used elmars glue and scotch tape to put it together so...lol jk but u get the point.

Is it MDF or partical board. If it is partical board you would have to line the entire inside with resin. If it is MDF just make sure it is air tight.

Granted were talking about a sealed box. Ported - nothing you can or should waste time to do.

It'll take as much time to properly coat it and strengthen it with fiberglass as it would to just build a new one....

Give yourself a couple hours on the weekend and build a box, it doesn't take as long as you'd think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.