Participant count
  • Participant list

mikeiowa

CarAudio.com Newbie
head unit = jvc sr85bt
sli 2000.1 monoblock
2, polk audio 10 inch subs
4 kenwood 6x8 speakers

wanting to know if i can add a dual xpr 540 4 channel amp to this system???
would like to dedicate the monoblock to the subs and amp to the speakers..
but i have no idea how to wire it up..any help would be greatly appreciated

If the HU has pre-amp outputs for the mono and front and rear then you’ll just run patch cables from each to the amps. As far as power, you can do 0 gauge into a distribution block, and then to each amp. Or you can do 2 runs from the battery... 0 gauge to the mono, and 4 gauge to the 4-channel.

If the HU has pre-amp outputs for the mono and front and rear then you’ll just run patch cables from each to the amps. As far as power, you can do 0 gauge into a distribution block, and then to each amp. Or you can do 2 runs from the battery... 0 gauge to the mono, and 4 gauge to the 4-channel.

i have front,rear,left,right rca plugs

i have front,rear,left,right rca plugs
Screenshot 2020-12-14 101132.png

Have to use a set of rca splitters then and I would split the fronts so they are used for the front & rears at the same time so the rear rca's are used for the subwoofers since they can be controlled from there. Something like that below or w/e brand you want to use

Then just run the Front outputs to the 4-channel, and the Rear/SW to the mono. You should be able to run one remote wire and splice it into both amps for the turn-on. And since you'll be running two power cables you may see a drop in voltage and dimming lights... then you may need to upgrade your electrical (i.e., big 3, alternator, battery).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mikeiowa

CarAudio.com Newbie
mikeiowa
des moines ,iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from