can i do my own Bench Test

You're on the right track...the biggest cost is going to get a 120VAC power supply with enough current capacity to run the amp. 100A 12VDC bench supplies are not cheap.

Don't forget non-inductive resistors. As far as power supplies, I find that a car battery works fine. But than again, you can't find out what your amp would do at 14.4 volts with the battery.

Assuming you have everyhing you need to take the measurements why not bench it in the car at 14v?

Assuming you have everyhing you need to take the measurements why not bench it in the car at 14v?
The idea of using a bench supply is that the supply voltage generally is more stable (if you have a sufficient PSU, of course //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif), doesn't have the voltage drop that you incur in the vehicle.

A psu like that is not gonna be cheap. I was just offering that as opposed to a stand alone battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.