Can I add an auxillary / bluetooth device to this? Pix attached.

Participant count
  • Participant list

markymarc2u

arzona
Hello, and thanks for your help.

I have a 2006 vehicle, so an 8 or 9 year old stereo system.

I'd like to plug a bluetooth or auxillary adapter into the back of this unit, so I can wirelessly use my phone's capabilities (music, talk) through the stereo system.

Before I pull the unit out of my dash, I wanted to find out if the setup will have the capability.

Based on the photos (of a system exactly like mine), is this possible? There are no external cd changers hooked up. Do you know whether any inputs would be available, or how I would connect a Bluetooth / auxillary adapter? I'm hoping, based on photos, it might be easy for you to tell me.

Thanks.

There's a few adapters out there with different options that are plug and play. I recently did it for the wifes Mazda 3 and it worked perfect. Google "06 Pathfinder aux input bluetooth" and variations of that. A good tip is once you find an adapter you like on say a Nissan forum, re-google that adapter or part number and it's usually on Amazon or Ebay cheaper. Just make sure the one you're looking at is Bose compatible as there will be some that aren't. Here's a quick search option I just found. Grom stuff is supposedly pretty good for factory integration.

Nissan Pathfinder LE 2004 2005 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 AUX iPod iPhone Android Bluetooth USB MP3 adapter interface connection

One other thing to look at, especially if you're looking to cheap out, is how the adapter is activated. There's probably quite a few super cheap hacks like just a couple RCA's on a plug that fit your HU that will work, but require something like burning and playing a silent cd or some janky jumper wire business. Expect to pay $70 or more for the good ones. I bought a Yatour digital changer for our Mazda 3 off Amazon for around that. It works just like the factory cd changer did. Just push cd twice on the HU and I have Aux, MMC, USB, or Aux input. I can add BT to it for $40 more but don't need it in that car.

If you're looking for really good sound however, a good processor like the Rockford 360.3 is a nice option. There are others like it too but I'm not familiar with them. They are all $$$ though.

Thank you Snapper_Slapper.

Based on the photo in my original post, do you think I will have a free/unused input in the back of my unit?

Is there normally an open "Aux" input? I haven't pulled the unit from the dash to see.

The adapter you referenced has a plug (shown in this post). Do you think it will fit the open input?

Thank you so much for your help and response!

Thank you Snapper_Slapper.
Based on the photo in my original post, do you think I will have a free/unused input in the back of my unit?

Is there normally an open "Aux" input? I haven't pulled the unit from the dash to see.

The adapter you referenced has a plug (shown in this post). Do you think it will fit the open input?

Thank you so much for your help and response!
The link I posted was just a quick reference to what the adapter will be like. I'm really not that familiar with your vehicle and haven't done any research into what works. Those Grom's linked all run off the factory satellite radio function. Does your head unit have a Sat radio option? If so, yes, the one linked will plug straight in to one of those ports. If no satellite radio option, you will need to find an adapter that runs off the factory cd changer port that it does have. It too will plug right into one of those ports pictured. If you have the actual cd changer or sat radio already hooked up in there now, you'll lose functionality of whichever one you have to replace with the aux adapter plug.

Your unit does not have an open "aux port" by itself ready to go. Although it does have line level input on a couple of pins in one of those plugs, it most likely won't recognize the signal automatically. You need the adapter like the Grom or similar to "trick" it into thinking the signal is coming from an actual cd changer or Satellite radio.

In all honesty you would really be better off just swapping to an aftermarket head unit to get what you're looking for. They can be had new for right around the same price all the adapter business is gonna cost you. Are you really wanting to keep the stock unit? I had to on the Mazda 3 because my stock unit was tied into other things and for cosmetic reasons.

like snapper slapper said, it would be better just to get a new head unit, you could get something better like Bluetooth streaming, usb, and aux and possibly better sound quality. installed a deh-7600bs in a mazda 3 and it was way better than the stock HU and came out to around $150 for deck, dash kit, and harness.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.