Can bass damage an engine?

edit: the title probably should've said can it damage an ignition system.
I've had a 12" sub in my car for a few months running on 300wrms. Just yesterday the car started making odd noises. Seems like the spark plugs aren't firing well and fuel isn't burning properly, as in there may be issues with the timing of the ignitions. Just wanted to know if you guys thought this damage could have possibly been from the vibrations of the bass or if it's just the car getting old.

Cheers.
BOY U HAVE A BRAIN NOW USE IT

Subs and loud music can NOT hurt a cars engine and your 300w monster is not enough

to hurt a butterfly

Your car was running on 3 cylinders and you didnt notice?
If I didn't notice I wouldn't have posted the question.

BOY U HAVE A BRAIN NOW USE ITSubs and loud music can NOT hurt a cars engine and your 300w monster is not enough

to hurt a butterfly
ok then let me explain for everyone here who thought I was an idiot. The car I'm using used to belong to my dad before I bought it from him so he still wants to make sure it runs well, and once the car started running bad he told me to take the system out of the car because he thought the vibrations were damaging it. I told him on a 300watt system I wouldn't be anywhere near the decibels to do any damage but he didn't believe me. He's in his 50's and obviously out of the loop on car audio, so to prove a point I wanted to see what kind of a response I'd get here. Needless to say I got a pretty good response, I'll be bookmarking this thread if it ever comes up again. This was done so I could continue putting more bass in the car without any objections. This is also why I wanted to make sure CAT MAN's system was considerably more powerful than mine to prove my point.

Basically people are scared of what they don't understand, and I have seen systems shatter windshields but on thousands of watts with multiple 18s. Something a system like this would never be capable of. My mirrors barely even fall down... they do but only with maxed volume and with test tones.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.