Can anyone help with my amp issue?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rusty2009

U.k
Hi all new here.

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me.

So I have a 4-ch RCA converter this one.

I fitted the speaker wires directly into the radio plug then ran the RCA cables to the AMP. I then ran from the amp back to the factory speakers wires I removed from the radio plug.

Here's a quick drawing (sorry not very good first time I used paint on pad)

image.jpeg

Rear speakers sometimes work and the front just have static popping noise.

Here's a link as to how the factory speakers are wired incase that helps.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/Images/rusty/How%20to%20Speakers/Speakers%20U65%20UW4.pdf

Thanking you in advanced.

Hello from the US. First I'll say I'm far from an expert with car audio, but I've been installing systems for 10 years and once worked at a shop for a summer, so I know a little.

My first thought is impedance. Assuming your car has factory speakers, I would make sure that the speakers are rated properly to handle the amp you have. For example I know my car's speakers are Bose, and rated at 1ohm. If I tried to run a 4ohm amp to them, I'd prolly have some issues. I'm not positive if that would result in your exact problem, as I've never personally tried to do that myself, but it's just a thought.

It might help if you let everyone know what car you have, and if there's a "special" factory system (i.e. bose, B&O, etc) or if it's just the plain ole stock system. I know with my install to my factory head unit, it has an external amp in the..ahh...boot? lol. As well as a separate amp for the stock subwoofers. You could also give the details on the amp itself too. And when you say rear speakers are the only ones working, does that mean your subwoofer(s) aren't working either?

Assuming that your speaker/amp impedance is proper, there are various tests you can do to troubleshoot the issue. For example, if you take an iPhone or something with music on it and connect it to your amp using a RCA to headphone cable, then play some music and you hear it through the speakers, then you know you may have an issue with the RCA cables, or the Line Out Converter, etc.

One thing I've learned is that us people using a stock head unit with a LOC will never have the awesome experience that the aftermarket head unit user's have *sheds a tear and sighs*

I'm knee deep in researching my own problem with my system, so I thought I'd just pop in and give you a little info while you're waiting for a real expert to come by lol. I just love this stuff, and I love figuring out problems. Good luck.

Edit: I forgot to mention to check all your fuses in your system, as well as making sure your ground for your amp is solid as can be. I've solved so many low or no power/signal problems just from adjusting or moving the ground location. I hope you get it working as soon as possible!

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.