Can anyone help on picking a system?

yo scotti
10+ year member

can anybody recommend some good products to make a good speaker system?

i want to get two 6 1/2s for the doors, two 4x6s for the back, and two tweeters for front two corners of the truck. and an amp for it all.

its all going into a 1995 chevy silverado that already has a kx1200.1 and two 12" compVRs subs.

can anyone recommend somethin? i can go a lil over 320 also, just in the ballpark.

oh and my head unit is the JVC KD-AR560, if that matters.

i would go with a component set, for the front, then just forget about the back speakers. you could get a nice component set for around 200, then you'll need a 2 channel amp to power them. it seems like alot, but from experiance going from stock, to ampified speakers is like night and day. you'll be very happy.

What????

Sounds... Like a bad idea. YOU NEED-

One quality component set-

One quality 2 channel amp

NONE OF THIS OTHER GOOOFY STUFF, unfortunately. It would just sound bad. An Image Dynmaics component set with horn tweeters should suit you nicely.... With extra money for an amp.

what do you guys think about this?

infinity kappa perfect 6 1/2s:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-INFINITY-KAPPA-PERFECT-6-1-6-5-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS_W0QQitemZ5868713137QQcategoryZ58025QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

kicker kx250.2 amp:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-KX250-2-250-Watt-Amp_W0QQitemZ5868371460QQcategoryZ48598QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and i should keep the stock rear 4x6s?

where's the best place to put the tweeters? are they powered with the speakers? would the amp be over powering anything?

I duno about Infinity's and that amp. Thats all pretty expensive. Since your on a budget, I would go to ikesound.com and get the PG 4.0:2 for $88 shipped. Cant beat that!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif Also, many say that infinity's are harsh and a little too bright. I would see what else you can get into. Infinity's are very nice and everything but i've just heard that they have a harsh tweeter that most dont like. That amp will be more than enough for you though.

i've been readin a bunch of reviews and researchin the infinity's and they seem like my best bet to purchase, but their peak power handling is 400watts? wow. would that 150.2 amp cut it with just 75 per speaker?

or do the infinity's really shine when u put more power to 'em?

hey scotti, PM me. I can get you an amp and a set of comps for around 325$ that will give you what you need. Also i live in NC if you're from Fayetteville. Shipping on the speaker sshouldn't take long.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.