can an improper box ruin a sub?

as long as you watch what you're doing. Ported prefab box tend to have a very high tuning frequency. So if you like to listen to music that has low bass notes, i'd be careful with it since you will more than likely bottom out. That is, assuming you don't set your SSF correctly

should've used a type arghhhh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
x > r

if yeen no //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Should be no problems, other then it probably won't sound that good. I'm "assuming" the pre-fab sealed box is close to the specs required for your sub...

As long as the pre-fab box is sealed correctly and doesn't leak air, you won't hurt your sub at all. If you notice your sub acting "weird", the box may not be sealed completely.

what if i dont know the specs of the sealed box. i had the sealed box for a while and i just want to use it for now on my sub until my ported box is complete. should i run the risk of putting my sub in the sealed box of unknown specs?

Take some measurements of the prefab to see how much air space is inside to see if its enough, then go from there...
the sealed box is slanted. how would i find the measurement? i guess i could measure the height, width, and length and substract alittle for somewhat of a good estimate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.