Can a Dd audio sl 712 handle 1500 watts?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Oregonguy

Oregon
I've got a dd audio sl 712 d2 ohm and I'm powering it with a jx1000 @ 4 ohms so it's getting 500 watts rms and hits pretty solid and clean in my 2.5ft3 box. Ive got a 1500 watt amp and I am wondering if it will handle the power? Also what type and size of enclosure should I use for it?

DDs parameters often are far off. if you can accurately measure the parameters ill be glad to help you. i can say this though smaller lower tuned boxes sound better..

if its a true low distortion design id say 1.8 cubes tuned to 30.. and im sure for music it can handle 1500

DDs parameters often are far off. if you can accurately measure the parameters ill be glad to help you. i can say this though smaller lower tuned boxes sound better..if its a true low distortion design id say 1.8 cubes tuned to 30.. and im sure for music it can handle 1500
When PASmag tested the 3500 the T/S was spot on. I don't know where that idea came from.

I've got a dd audio sl 712 d2 ohm and I'm powering it with a jx1000 @ 4 ohms so it's getting 500 watts rms and hits pretty solid and clean in my 2.5ft3 box. Ive got a 1500 watt amp and I am wondering if it will handle the power? Also what type and size of enclosure should I use for it?
How much are you paying for the DD 712 ? I was looking at them a few months ago but all the local dealers wanted to charge my SSA ICON/Fi BL prices for the redline 712 (I thought they where joking)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.