Can a comp VR 15 handle 800w rms

ingy6969
10+ year member

crazy scotsman
just wondering if The Comp VR can handle 800 rms In a tight sealed enclosure kicker recomends 1.8 cubic ft... i am asking as i already have a sealed box for a hollwood 15 how ever i am currently under powering it and cant afford to upgrade my amp just now

ingy

hollywood recomends that you tune the port to 45 hrz that was the origional box i had i think it was 3.5 cubic feet... i wasnt that happy it didt hit the low bass notes that i wanted...could i get away with tuning it lower than what the manufacturer recomends....i am also underpowering it by 200 watts

ingy

i know someone powering 2 of a jbl 1200.1, they seem to love it. i don't see why they wouldn't be able to take 800 if you were careful with the settings.

to 'correctly' answer,is yes...can easily be done.
Straight from the horses mouth...Ive ran a bd1000 per CVR, if you know what a volume knob is and know how to properly adjust your gains you shouldnt have a problem. If you port the CVR dont go to big, PM this dude^^^^

just wondering if The Comp VR can handle 800 rms In a tight sealed enclosure kicker recomends 1.8 cubic ft... i am asking as i already have a sealed box for a hollwood 15 how ever i am currently under powering it and cant afford to upgrade my amp just now
ingy

one compvr15 he did not say two.cvr15 doesnt take much for these subs to get loud. why not port your current sub?

yea i am going to take moe lester s advice and go back to a ported box but tuned lower like 30 or 32hrtz...hollwood recomend the box be 3.5cf ....however seeing as i am underpowering the sub by 200 watts should i go with a bigger box like 4cf?

probably could. would i? no. thats cause i dont have one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.