Can a 50watt rms amp blow 100+watt rms speakers?

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback.
Update time!! I went ahead and bridged my Amp to 150 watts rms x2. It fixed the problem instantly. I still have some adjustments to do because I'm still hearing some distortion with bass notes thru the componets. It's very minimal and only noticiable on some songs, more so on acoustic songs with heavy vocals.

My amp is at 50% gain so Im not pushing it very hard and 99% of the problems i was having have dissappeared. I'm much happier about all of it. pretty much the speakers went from 50 to 150 rms watts, now all my gains are low and its just a matter of fine tuning everything. I didnt have much free time this weekend so hopefully I can follow up with more info this coming week.

Thanks again guys!
50% set with a DMM, or just turned the knob up to 50%? That could be a BIG difference....

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback.
Update time!! I went ahead and bridged my Amp to 150 watts rms x2. It fixed the problem instantly. I still have some adjustments to do because I'm still hearing some distortion with bass notes thru the componets. It's very minimal and only noticiable on some songs, more so on acoustic songs with heavy vocals.

My amp is at 50% gain so Im not pushing it very hard and 99% of the problems i was having have dissappeared. I'm much happier about all of it. pretty much the speakers went from 50 to 150 rms watts, now all my gains are low and its just a matter of fine tuning everything. I didnt have much free time this weekend so hopefully I can follow up with more info this coming week.

Thanks again guys!
your clipping the **** out of them

Dont worry these Alpines just dont cut it. I have had them less than two months and blew one last night listening to rock music lol. Gain set the right way and the crossover set to what Alpine says they will take on the low end, with a 4 channel amp putting out exactly 100 watts RMS to each. Bass on Deck set low and they still crapped out. If you want an overgrown tweeter these will work lol. Not a good mid at all. A 50 dollar set of Pioneers has more bass and DB. Major let down. Alpine will be getting these back. 

Dont worry these Alpines just dont cut it. I have had them less than two months and blew one last night listening to rock music lol. Gain set the right way and the crossover set to what Alpine says they will take on the low end, with a 4 channel amp putting out exactly 100 watts RMS to each. Bass on Deck set low and they still crapped out. If you want an overgrown tweeter these will work lol. Not a good mid at all. A 50 dollar set of Pioneers has more bass and DB. Major let down. Alpine will be getting these back. 
look at the fking thread date foo. let this **** get buried.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.