Camaro/Firebird 4th gen 4.2cuft @ 36hz.

billy18bm
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I realize not all of my cuts are perfect.. but the ones that you will see aren't off...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I have a 4th gen firebird, and im wanting to do something like this next spring, ill be watching this closely //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How much would you charge me to build an identical one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

look similar to the box i built for my 2 rl-p 12's in my third gen trans am. will you be firing the ports up?
yea im gonna use an aero port. its basically the only way i can fire it.. how well did firing them up work?

It's pretty good, man. Using a circular saw to do your cuts is actually pretty hard. That's why I LOOOVE my Tablesaw. However, that's a nice build and a nice use of space. I personally would've tried to get as close to the edge as possible. I've also seen people who make an air-tight top baffle for those type of trunks so it's just one piece of wood with the sub in it, and any kind of weather stripping at the edges to make it air tight. Pretty basic, but effective (if you do it correctly).

EDIT:: Am I the only one that uses Titebond I? I've seen people use Titebond III, and you use Titebond II, what's the difference? I just grabbed one and left.

haha titebond II is just a little bit more water resistant than I and it sets a little faster.. its like 20 cents more and i figure it will last longer so thats why i use it.... and hell i wish i could afford a table saw.. as cuttin 45's w/ a circ saw isnt so easy.....

ive got all the pieces cut ill post pics tonight when i screw n glue......

this is probably my sketchiest box build. I didn't really have the tools i needed but it will work and seal properly w/ a little caulk... its not too far off, but it isn't my usual build. Im planning a top trim piece to contour the shape of the back trunk area and im gonna carpet it... Anyone know of local places to get that kind of carpet. Last time i settle w/ some joann fabric carpet/fleece stuff. It was way to flimsy though..

9.jpg
10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.