calculating a slanted box

95Prober
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
well, my sealed box is slanted and i want to measure the interior. now, how do measure the slant on the back of the box? the rest of the box is all at 90 degree angles. i measured from the very top to the top at the back of the box, the middle and bottom the same way. as you go from top to bottom, the box gets longer in depth.

thx

Take the opposite side's length, add it to to the slant length and divide by 2 to get a rough estimate. So for instance:

Slant side: 8"

Opoosite non slant side: 10"

8+10= 18/2 =9" use this as your measurement.

cu foott = 1728 cu inches

but its strange??? on bcae1.com and their calculator i get = 0.686 total volume

and with 12volt.com calculator, i get 0.73372

why? i enter these numbers:

thickness .75

INSIDE:

width 10.5"

height 10.5"

depth 1 at top > 9.5"

depth 1 at bottom > 12"

now the bcae1.com calculator has the picture of the same way mine is designed, with 2 DEPTH measurements.

but 12volt.com doesnt have 2 DEPTH measuremnets, it says 2 HEIGHT measuremnets. i thought it would work out the same, just that one box is flipped around then the one on the bcae1.com site. its weird

well thats what the calculator are there for. its just its strange getting 2 different answers when the calculator in both sites look the same

put ZERO in for wood thickness and use the internal dimensions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

a triangle is half a rectangle.

measure the two right angle sides to make a rectangle and divide by 2.

use INTERNAL distances to get INTERNAL volume though!

a triangle is half a rectangle.measure the two right angle sides to make a rectangle and divide by 2.

use INTERNAL distances to get INTERNAL volume though!
Semantics!!! if its an equilatteral triangle its going to be a square!! or a rhombus if you wanna get crazy... or hell paralleogram fits the bill too!

got me. I should say, in his case. Use the calculator to find the volume of a box that is side 2 tall by side 3 minus side 1 wide by side 5 deep, then divide by 2 for the volume of the 'triangle part.' Add that to the volume of a box that is side 1 by side 2 by side 5 to get total.

___ ---------------

| \ | |

2 | \ 4 2| |

|------- ---------------

3 5

*edit* great. that looks like @ss when i post it!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.