Cadence TXA-6004

djmadfx
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was researching recently and for my newest setup it looks like the Cadence TXA-6004 will work quite well. I was/am seeking 150x4 @ 4 Ohms without breaking the bank. I just want to hear some opinions from some of the current owners of this amp as it seems like a decent amount of people do recommend it.

I plan on running Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5" components in the front and in the back I will be using my existing pair of Phoenix Gold Xenon X6.5 (in coaxial form) which are currently in the front. I currently have the Xenons in component form for the front with the tweeters in the sails. Just trying to get some more volume. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Product Link: http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=125&idproduct=385

What do you want to know about the amp? I have owned this amp for over a month. I switched out a kicker kx800.4 which was 100 x 4 channels at 4ohms for this amp. I would say that I am happy with the output of the amp. As for if it does rated or not I wouldn't know for sure, but it does sound just as good if not better then the kicker amp.This amp is pretty big in size.

How is the power consumption? I would like to think it's not too greedy with the power.

The fact that you said that it sounds just as good if not better than the Kicker amp you had makes me happy.

Yeah, I agree the only problem I may have with it is the size. I think it's even bigger than my US Amps MD2D.

I have the amp and must say it is great for the price and what Im running. Yes it is rather long but I have room for it so it didnt matter to me. They guys at Cadence are great as well.

I have one and it is fine. Running comps off two channels and sub off the other 2 bridged. Gets hot so put it somewhere where it has some space.

I have one and it is fine. Running comps off two channels and sub off the other 2 bridged. Gets hot so put it somewhere where it has some space.
If it gets that hot then you may have 1 of the amps that wasn't supposed to hit the market and was to be destroyed but fell into some wrong hands(a few ebay sellers)

If it gets that hot then you may have 1 of the amps that wasn't supposed to hit the market and was to be destroyed but fell into some wrong hands(a few ebay sellers)
I thought the other ones (with the smaller heatsink) overheat. How are the ones directly from Cadence's site; warm, cool, etc.?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.