Cadence quality

Can anyone tell me how good the quality of cadence gear is. I seen it at the local shop a while ago and it was a bit cheaper than the other stuff they had but I was told by the staff member there they wernt very good and the that the amps would most likely be over rated. They generally push the JL gear or kicker and I feel as though there just being brand biased. Thx in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
i had an older txa cadence amp, thing died on me.  running Fosgate now.  ive had several Fosgate amps for the last 20 years, no problems yet.  picked up their R500x1d off Amazon for $115 new.  things nice and small.  does around 630 watts before clipping.  scoped it myself

i had an older txa cadence amp, thing died on me.  running Fosgate now.  ive had several Fosgate amps for the last 20 years, no problems yet.  picked up their R500x1d off Amazon for $115 new.  things nice and small.  does around 630 watts before clipping.  scoped it myself
But yet people will still find a reason to Hate the big companies such as R.F. I've never had a single problem with any big brand amp I've ever owned and they've always put out more than rated power. MTX, R.F., Kicker, JL, etc.

+1

d.png

image.png

Depends on the amp. Alot of the old stuff was under rated.  There was a batch of TXA's that were released with the incorrect heatsink and were known for overheating. They were sold for $50 an amp to just get rid of the stock.

Ive had a few component sets and other speakers.and they are OK at best..never tried any amps or subs..Id move on to a different brand to be honest. Thee days..YOU GET EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAY FOR IN MAJORITY CASES.BUY CHEAP GEAR ?? Except nothing more..at best.Whats your budget, and what are you looking to do and what year and make of vehicle?Be surprised what you can get for your budget. Do you have any install experiences, or have someone that can help you?

Ive had a few component sets and other speakers.and they are OK at best..never tried any amps or subs..Id move on to a different brand to be honest. Thee days..YOU GET EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAY FOR IN MAJORITY CASES.BUY CHEAP GEAR ?? Except nothing more..at best.Whats your budget, and what are you looking to do and what year and make of vehicle?Be surprised what you can get for your budget. Do you have any install experiences, or have someone that can help you?
Not really looking to buy anything at the moment. I was just curious about the reputation of cadence really.

This is just simply not true. Almost all of the Cadence gear from with the exception of the last couple years was under rated and did clean power. As with any brand though it depends on the model.

This is just simply not true. Almost all of the Cadence gear from with the exception of the last couple years was under rated and did clean power. As with any brand though it depends on the model.
Of course its Model dependent.. But After running CDT speakers and then trying a fairly expensive side of cadence components to run in a temp set up on one my Autotek Mean Machine 99s, they were simply not up to par and muddy at rms rating. Even the Cross over began to burn and melt with ventilation with approx 30 rms under rated power. Im sure when they first came out they were competitive in the market with entry level gear.i would consider them to be in the league of SSL, Boss, and Pyle,Power Acoustics, Crunch even newer Autoteks, maybe and a few others on the market...Past couple years. But it is dependent upon model as any speaker/sub/amplifier. Would I recommend Cadence to anyone?? NO.. Id buy Lanzar before Id buy Cadence

Not really looking to buy anything at the moment. I was just curious about the reputation of cadence really.
They did have a good run when they first came out.but these days, as most have done... started out great, and sold out or started using cheap parts and built cheaply.QC has ran its toll and several audio companies in the past 6-10 years, and its really a shame to see it has gone in that direction..quality comes ata price, and at a price most do not want to pay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.