cactus pf600.1

for what they have no reason to know what a 4 ohm amp does. They buy the biggest strongest nastiest amp on the planet and run 2 or more of them.
Nah, not everyone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Alot of people simply like to see amp testing - I'm interested to know what numbers you get with the appropriate testing so I can compare to other amps I've tested //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sanman, i've followed this thread since the start. I believe if you would just supply a neutral third party test of this amp it might help a little. I have trouble believing the 8000watts you claim, but i cant prove you wrong and your testing method doesn't prove you are right. And as far as the different orgs, arguing over which is best, is a matter of opinion. Might as well be saying red is better than blue.

ive decided my testing is good because it works, and im not going to retest just to satisfy the ne-sayers
Thats the thing... at least I and a few others are offering you assistance for accurate testing. Using peak hold on both numbers does not provide you with any form of accurate data - it isn't real peak power nor is it RMS power, it does not correspond to any real power achieved at any point in time in any form of measure as the measurements are taken at different time periods (current and voltage don't peak at the same time).

You can generally compare to your own testing on other amps - unless for some reason one amp may throw up a huge peak voltage or something that your meter catches that doesn't really correspond to anything.

For example... I was testing a prototype today and a burst well over 100 volts popped up right away but settled down to 80 volts just a second later, and remained there pretty much indefinitely - it was the real voltage. A peak hold would catch 100 volts.

I'd use just a raw TL figure in your case to decide which amp is best - that is fine for you as that is your concern. But alot of people look at your sort of testing when buying an amp - I think many of us are just helping to assure these people know what a real power figure is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

But anyway - the Cactus looks like a solid amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

its ok Mr Slate must be someone that has fallen victim to one of my runs during a comp, and knows he cant do anything about it since he wont even state his real name lol what a joke.

jacob i asked you earlier about your 3k watt amp for a reason you said it did in the area of 5k i think it was. Since you are the owner of sundown are you will to send me an amp for heads up testing???????ill do both the same way my method, and see what they do on the tl also.

this amp was tested as you seen on the meters and the tl.

I have only acheived higher readings on the tl from 2 other amplifiers so far and here they are

ddz2

rd 9.0

thats real results,and if you start to think about what type of power a z2 that beat it by 1 db really does then you know what it is capable of.

9.0 was .7 higher

I'm through arguing with you. There are smart folks in this thread like Tommy and Jacob who know what they're talking about. You could stand to learn something like you do when you check out the Termpro forum.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sanman

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
sanman
JUNCTION CITY KANSAS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date