Ca Glue?

bumpin buick
5,000+ posts

Science is everything
I have read through the reconing instructions a few time and am now ready to perform the operation I have a few subs that I need to recone and I have everything I need for them except for what everyone is calling "CA Glue" where can I get it and how much, also if it isnt the easiest thing to get, is there something comparable I can pick up at menards or home depot? Thanks

local hobby store should have it, and it should be in 2 parts the glue itself should be black and the accelerator should be clear

"Krazy Glue" is a type of CA glue, but it isnt what we use to build subs.

you can use 2 part loctite marine grade epoxy and it will work too

Cyanoacrylate glue... AKA Krazy glue...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif not quite the whole truth.

CA glue used in reconing is usually Cyanocrylate mixed with rubber or butyl. This gives it that shiny black/dull black look to various brands of it.

Bob Smith Industries makes a pretty good one that ive used before that can be found at local hobby shops for R/C cars

article.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif not quite the whole truth.

CA glue used in reconing is usually Cyanocrylate mixed with rubber or butyl. This gives it that shiny black/dull black look to various brands of it.

Bob Smith Industries makes a pretty good one that ive used before that can be found at local hobby shops for R/C cars

article.jpg
A half truth is still better than a lie...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.