bypassing for the Pioneer In-Dash...so i can watch while i drive

i would help you if i knew the answer but i dont. BUt ill post anyways... why would you post "watch while i drive" in the title unless you WANT to be flamed?

just ground it to.... ah, wait!

A GROUND //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

a ground = any point of metal attached to the chassis, in wich is connected to the engine block, and that my friend, is connected to your negative battery terminal. or at least i hope it is. becaus if its not. your car wont work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

just find the wire that the unit uses to ground the circut via the break (shouldnt be hard) and just ground it.

it should be the one that is fishy. a weird connection that dosnt really make sense why it has to be there (should be a long black wire connecting to somthing that has to do with the parking break, but it may be a different color).

good luck. ive never done this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

but i think thats how it works.

yea i guess ill play around with it...but the ground to the parking brake allows the tv to go into safety mode...when you are driving...but from reading some things i think i figured out how to do it...thanks

i have a D300*i didnt install it*but for me to watch dvds and what not the installer put these 2 lil switches 1 i have to hold in while i flip the other..kind of a pain but thats why i just throw the switches before i leave haha

Check my project page to see where Im putting mine. Called interior buildup. Ground the parking brake wire anywhere. I grounded mine to a bolt that held the shift knob bracket. It works fine.

ground the green wire labeled "parking brake" on it. and then watch vcds and screw all the people who ***** about driving and watching when listening to loud music is just as bad while driving. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i have a D300*i didnt install it*but for me to watch dvds and what not the installer put these 2 lil switches 1 i have to hold in while i flip the other..kind of a pain but thats why i just throw the switches before i leave haha
That's because it's an Alpine. As far as I know, all other brands just need to be grounded. Alpine uses 2 wires, which are supposed to goto the ebrake and the regular brake and as you said there's some kind of sequence that you have to do. Bypass boxes were made for display purposes in stores but they're no longer being produced and are very hard to find.

deadboi77, i also have the d300 but with only 1 toggle switch. How i install it was the wire that needs to go to the brake goes to the brake, and the one that goes to the ebrake goes to the toggle. So what i do is, press brake, flip switch, release brake. Viola. Its better then flipping 2 switches //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i just put it in...got a really small dvd player threw it under the seat with a 300w inverter new car battery...everything works perfectyl... with the action movies the gunfire sounds real...music videos are awesome...to bypass it all you do it find any big piece of metal behind the dash... and there is an easier way than the switch to ground the alpine...my buddy was explaining how he did his...but i wasnt paying attention...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.