BYOB amp

It does look neat but 10 watts seems like it would be hard to use.
10 watts is a pretty common power level in the high-efficiency world - 300B-based tube amps are 8 watts.

Anything 96dB/W or higher with a flat impedance curve should work well with this design.

It does look neat but 10 watts seems like it would be hard to use.
10 watts is a pretty common power level in the high-efficiency world - 300B-based tube amps are 8 watts.

Anything 96dB/W or higher with a flat impedance curve should work well with this design.

It's a chip amp! I do love this line: Battery Charge and Sound

An interesting feature of the BYOB amplifier is that the sound character is related to the battery charge. With a fully charged battery the sound is tight with explosive dynamics (can't get that with any other amp), while with a low battery charge the sound character resembles that of a no-feedback amplifier, very laid back and relaxed.

So changes of tone doesn't mess with the sound? I thought that amps weren't supposed to change the sound. That IS distortion in my book. LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.