How much power can I push to a pair of SA 12's with SPL coils?

Participant count
  • Participant list

timma100
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Got a pair of sa 12's coming in the mail from a member here, il be running them off of a SAZ-1500D @ 1ohm. But I know they can take more, but how much more can I safely throw at them? Will the difference in sound be worth the money for buying a bigger amp? (I know that's relative to the listener but will I see a big difference?)

These thread pop up everyday and most of the time about the SA's... That is completely dependent on your install... Would it be worth it to buy a bigger amp? No of you wanted to put 2000 plus to subs you shouldn't have gotten SA's...

I dont go over the RMS ratings on any sub.Put more on them, and run the chance to dig into your pockets, to purchasing another set of subs, and possibly amp? You want to do more than the Rms you are running now?Time to upgrade your system.2 1000rms subs began not to impress me any longer, so I am now adding another pair with the same power, and i feel that thats enough for me in my daily driver:D

I have mine on a 2200 wrms amp but it's not continuously 14.4v so clearly it's not the full wattage but still 2200 wrms amp on 1200 rated subs they take a lot heck they can take more if I gave them it. That's without the spl coil so with I'd assume more?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.