By Far The Best Vid On ROE

That is SWEEET...the baby is just chillin...
Notice it's a TiPRO...talk about heavily OVERmotored //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

NG

sorry for sounding n00b - I'm not exactly new, but am a bit confused..... how can a sub be "overmotored"?

what exactly does that mean?

is that to say that the cone or surround, or the coil or even the basket can't handle anywhere near the power the motor can?

does that mean the sub requires too much power to play to full potential - IE very inefficient?

Please clear this up for me....

I'm assuming there are many similarities between the TI PRO and regular TI series, and since I never had a problem with the regular TI.... (which i'm assuming is also "overmotored") I had a regular TI 15" in a 2.0 ft^3 sealed, and ran it with many different amps without any problems - from 400wrms to... {hm.... what does a non-modified mtx 1501 put out at 1.6 ohms? (p.s. the non-mod did indeed work at 1.6 ohms without going into protect.... I guess since I set the gains conservatively) } anyway sorry to drag this out - what I'm saying is that the sub didnt seem to have any problems under any wattage I threw at it... I would like to know what exactly overmotored means and if it adversely effects performance.

sorry for sounding n00b - I'm not exactly new, but am a bit confused..... how can a sub be "overmotored"?what exactly does that mean?

is that to say that the cone or surround, or the coil or even the basket can't handle anywhere near the power the motor can?

does that mean the sub requires too much power to play to full potential - IE very inefficient?

Please clear this up for me....

I'm assuming there are many similarities between the TI PRO and regular TI series, and since I never had a problem with the regular TI.... (which i'm assuming is also "overmotored") I had a regular TI 15" in a 2.0 ft^3 sealed, and ran it with many different amps without any problems - from 400wrms to... {hm.... what does a non-modified mtx 1501 put out at 1.6 ohms? (p.s. the non-mod did indeed work at 1.6 ohms without going into protect.... I guess since I set the gains conservatively) } anyway sorry to drag this out - what I'm saying is that the sub didnt seem to have any problems under any wattage I threw at it... I would like to know what exactly overmotored means and if it adversely effects performance.
Actually, the similarities are few and far between. The TiPRO is a totally different ballgame from the Ti. To basically explain Overmotored... it mean it is stronger than it needs to be...almost to a point where it almost starts to hinder performance. It's a REALLY strong woofer, the motor strength is crazy. The Ti has a COMPLETELY different motor, guarantee you it couldn't do the same thing you just saw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Also, non-modded 1501d @ "1.6 ohms" would work b/c of your friend (in this case) impedance rise. Actual impedance while playing music differs from DCR'd impedance.

Later...

NG

ok what would happen if that baby was sitting on a 30 hz test tone with 300 watts going to that eclipse
Probably NOTHING //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

It owuld be like a vibrator...you sick phuck...

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.