Buying used amp. What can you actually look for?

thanks. Imma try to look at the purchase date!
The only thing to really worry about is if it has been repaired by someone incompetent recently. You wouldn't know without disassembling components from the board though. New or professionally repaired these big Korean amps are still not 100% reliable so you're rolling the dice doing anything outside of buying brand new with a warranty.

For practical purposes a less than 5 year old Korean amp that powers up and functions for half an hour is going to be just as reliable as one right off the assembly line.

thanks. Imma try to look at the purchase date!
The only reason I say 5 is that that should exclude any older unreliable designs. The only thing that "wears out" in amps would be electrolytic capacitors which will go for around 20 years barring manufacturer defects, but defects off-the-line would reveal themselves quickly to whomever bought it new.

Thanks dude. Got 1 loca for $600, says it bought it new a year ago!
The only reason I say 5 is that that should exclude any older unreliable designs. The only thing that "wears out" in amps would be electrolytic capacitors which will go for around 20 years barring manufacturer defects, but defects off-the-line would reveal themselves quickly to whomever bought it new.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...