Buying HU with Motorized face

g-love
10+ year member

clt, NC
is it true that motorized faces have all sorts of problems and are not a recommended buy?

i like the alpine cda-9811 but it has a motorized face and i dont want to be stuck with a broken unit after 1-2 yrs again.

does anyone have any tips / suggestions?

i checked out the cda-9813, and i couldnt tell whether it has a motorized face. BUT, it has to be wired directly to the battery terminal, and fir a DIY install, i dont know how to do this.

any other suggestions on MP3 HU's that are pretty good?

i tried searching for Eclipse HU's on crutchfield, but couldn't find them.

Eclipse doesn't have any authorized online dealer's ... I'll save you the searching time ... 1-800-ECLIPSE.

Wiring directly to the battery is easy ... basically the same thing as running a power wire ...

9811/9813/9815/7897/7998 all have motorized faces ... I've never had a problem.

- Steve

Eclipse doesn't have any authorized online dealer's ... I'll save you the searching time ... 1-800-ECLIPSE.
Wiring directly to the battery is easy ... basically the same thing as running a power wire ...

9811/9813/9815/7897/7998 all have motorized faces ... I've never had a problem.

- Steve
It is actually 1-800-55-eclipse I believe.

It is actually 1-800-55-eclipse I believe.
Yeah, it is.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

- Steve

is it true that motorized faces have all sorts of problems and are not a recommended buy?i like the alpine cda-9811 but it has a motorized face and i dont want to be stuck with a broken unit after 1-2 yrs again.

does anyone have any tips / suggestions?

i checked out the cda-9813, and i couldnt tell whether it has a motorized face. BUT, it has to be wired directly to the battery terminal, and fir a DIY install, i dont know how to do this.

any other suggestions on MP3 HU's that are pretty good?

i tried searching for Eclipse HU's on crutchfield, but couldn't find them.
Crutchfield doesn't sell Eclipse. If you want more info(I posted on your other thread), you can go to tweeter.com or goodguys.com(I think that is their website). They sell eclipse, and you can get prices(but they don't do mail order).

IF you are now thinking of going with a motorized face, mp3 deck, I would check out the clarion 835mp. I run one, and it sounds great, works great, hasn't skipped yet and is very easy to use.

thanks guys, i'd rather prefer the alpine 9811 even if it has a motorized face. the only time you need to open it is to put in a cd. the faceplate can be taken off without flipping the face/ using the motor.

i think the alpines look pretty good though. question, can the 9811 change led colour from green to blue? i saw it in green and was wondering if it can do blue as well.

Can't change the colour I don't think ... orange lights come on when you do certain functions.

For a few bucks more, the 9813 gives you the Bass Engine Pro, as well as a 3 line display ... as opposed to the 1 line display and Bass Engine Plus on the 9811. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Either will work fine, though.

- Steve

thanks guys, i'd rather prefer the alpine 9811 even if it has a motorized face. the only time you need to open it is to put in a cd. the faceplate can be taken off without flipping the face/ using the motor.i think the alpines look pretty good though. question, can the 9811 change led colour from green to blue? i saw it in green and was wondering if it can do blue as well.
The clarion 835mp can change many different colors. If you really need something that matches your dash lights or something, that deck can probably do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.