Buyer Beware!! Robert Zimmerman AkA TripKore

Post a picture of him so I'll know who it is if I ever see him at a show in New England.

If you shipped a box of foam peanuts they'd find a way to break them then wouldn't pay your insurance claim. They are the absolute worst about demolishing packages and not honoring insurance claims.

I got a new amp from Zed Audio a few years ago and one of the boxes looked like they rammed it with a fork lift (complete with fork sized hole in the boxes (double boxed) and huge gouge in the heatsink. Took some effort to even get a claim out of that one. It's only got worse from there... I know UPS did it, because I've been to the factory and Stephen does NOT have a fork truck.

Always take pics/vid of packing materials. UPS does screw up lots. You have to overpack everything. There is a tutorial on packing subs and shipping them.
Never ever send a money order.....period.

Never ever send Western Union.....period.

If someone isn't willing to use a service where there is recourse for both parties, then they do not deserve either my money, or my gear

I always use PP, and pay with my credit card. Worst case scenario, my CC will get my refund. They don't take fraud lightly.
'
I've had to use Paypal to dispute claims and refund my money. The process takes about a month as I recall, but it has not failed me yet. Its hands down the best way to go if you are buying from individuals online.

Had my own run in with UPS just recently I ordered a couple RF subs and a SA 3500 amp. I came home from work one day and sitting out by my mailbox right next to the road was 2 sub boxes with brandname and all right on them but no amp box thought maybe it was a day behind next day I look at tracking says all 3 packages were left on my BACKPORCH! I am now dealing with sender to get another amp but they have to file a claim with UPS say it could take up to 30days so for now I get to stare at the 2 new pretty t1's with no amp for them until it is cleared.

Ive always had great experience with UPS, but then again we have some great drivers around here. Sorry to hear about this, hope it all works out.

Use UPS or FedEx (I know the back door package drops are ********...)

I've never had issues with breakage or insurance (not sure how they handle it) but they are less likely to damage your package.

USPS is garbage.

if it was a usps money order it is mail fraud the feds will get both of them//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Ill post pics and info tomorrow. Just got home. Thanks guys. Also package was insured with UPS but dip$hit Robert did not comply with the UPS claims. I will contact his local PD with all the info and proof pix of the money order. More info later tomorrow.

I swear 1/3 of the transactions I gone through with through shipping have had issues one way or another from the shipper. If it ain't lost, it's broke, if it ain't broke, it looks like it should be from all the mishandling.

Good luck eclipse!

Ill post pics and info tomorrow. Just got home. Thanks guys. Also package was insured with UPS but dip$hit Robert did not comply with the UPS claims. I will contact his local PD with all the info and proof pix of the money order. More info later tomorrow.
this just sounds like your not doing your own work in this case? i would get proof from ups saying he did not follow through with the claim.

you should of never sent such a high dollar item with out being insured.you should of never sent a MO in someone else's name. I feel for you but i hope you learned a lesson. as i sell everything as is no refunds ever.

I don't think you can claim fraud since you willingly sent him a MO. You weren't sending money for an item...so where did the fraud take place? Personally since he jumped the gun and filed with PP, you should have waited and let them handle it. Hopefully he honors his part and returns half of the money, but you should have handled the situation differently imo. I know you were trying to be the nice guy and get it straght but tthe potential for this happening should have told you to let PP handle it in the first place since it was his choice to file with PP.

this just sounds like your not doing your own work in this case? i would get proof from ups saying he did not follow through with the claim.you should of never sent such a high dollar item with out being insured.you should of never sent a MO in someone else's name. I feel for you but i hope you learned a lesson. as i sell everything as is no refunds ever.
Your right its a lesson learned. Im not even mad about the money truthfully just hate being lied to n $hit. There's not much I can actually do so I should mark this as a lesson learned and move on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

QuietEclipse29

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
QuietEclipse29
Cali Life
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies