burnt/fried smell from subs

just means the popcorn's gettin ready to pop

if you are really hungry and cant wait turn up the gain a lil or add sume butter/oil and it will pop faster so you can feed your hunger

if there is a smell after a breakin period then yes you are damaging ur subs. if every time you play them you have the burning smell they wont last ur cooking the glue off the coil and it will slinky and come unraveled...

very serious.

the burnt smell pretty much is bad news right away, BUT only reason i ask is because im only feeding these subs 600 rms and suposedly ive been told on here that people feed them 1000 daily no problem. so, figured maybe the smell was just cus they are working hard but not necessairly that they are going to blow.

if there is a smell after a breakin period then yes you are damaging ur subs. if every time you play them you have the burning smell they wont last ur cooking the glue off the coil and it will slinky and come unraveled...
thanks for bieng the only one with a good reply.

i figured it was something like this, but since supposedly these subs can take much more, i wanted to just make sure.

any smell is bad. your problem is most likely clipping. turn ur gain down, its not a volume knob. alot of factors will go into how much power a sub can take. so just cause you know someone that is giving them 1k, doesnt mean you can in ur application

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.