Burning smell STILL!!!

Lol,

Ok Shivas as of right now only come dual 8 ohm. So two wired in parallel would be a 2 ohm load... I have them in a 34 hzt vented box. 4 cu ft... It is in a 2005 Nissan Altima with a Bose piece of **** sound system. I do not believe the subs are in phase and I am a retard so LOC is not English to me... Again I apoligze for not being "electronic savy" but even the car audio shops around here are idiots. Must be a Chicago thing.

Out of phase is noticeable as a major drop in output levels. It is easy to check with a small battery like a AA. Take the speaker leads off of the amp and connect one wire to the - terminal on the battery and connect the other lead briefly (very briefly) to the + terminal on the battery. The speakers cones will move one direction and go "thunk". DO NOT HOLD THE SPEAKER CONES LIKE THIS. If the subs both move the same direction at the same time, they are in phase, if they move in opposite directions then they are out of phase. Are the subs sharing one volume of airspace or are they in two separate ported boxes? How is the amp integrated into the stock stereo and where?

They are in one box, but it has a divider down the middle the vents separate them...

As for the amp which one the sub amp or the amp that came with the speakers?

I'll look up how the speaker amp is intergrated, but the sub amp is getting a signal from a output power converter that is connected to the stock speaker amp...

Sub amp only, not concerned with the factory speaker amp. What kind of interface was used for the sub amp and where was it connected to (aside from the factory speaker amp) - say like the rear speaker on one side only..... Do the test with the battery and make sure that the speakers are in phase with each other. The battery has a + and - terminal, touch the terminals to what you think is the + and - speaker leads (disconnect from amp to test this).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.