built my first t line - check it out

Very nice. For the record, any idea what the gross volume is for that?
From my understanding the volume is determined by multiplying the cone area, by the 1/4 length of the wave for the fs of the sub in question, this will give you the port dimensions, which a tline is nothing but 'port'.

From my understanding the volume is determined by multiplying the cone area, by the 1/4 length of the wave for the fs of the sub in question, this will give you the port dimensions, which a tline is nothing but 'port'.
Think he was asking cubic feet.

Yeah, I know what a t-line is, I mean how much space does the box take up externally.

Not to be an ***, but...

6 Ways to Calculate Volume - wikiHow

Imagine it's a tube you are calculating the volume for, the area of the cone displacement of the sub by the length of the port, this will give you volume.

Calculate your box dimensions around that, taking into account the space taken up by the material used to construct the box.

The complication comes in when you add in the folds.

For a general idea, when I used the db dynamix calculator, the box came out to be 1.4 cubic feet, for one SQ HDS-208, normally it's ~.75 ported.

That's a pretty **** poor way of designing a tline really. Sometimes it can work out and other times it won't.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.