Building a new stereo system for my car. DLS? Focal? Rainbow? Please help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

igoreknyc
10+ year member

Hi,

I have a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L with Premium Sound and I want to get rid of this garbage. The last budget upgrade I did on this car resulted in a crapload of money wasted on pioneer components. Yuck!

OK, I'm not planning to go TOO crazy with this, but here is the following list of component I have selected. Please correct me where you see a mistake.

- Rockford Fosgate 360.2 - I don't want to get rid of my stock 6 disc mp3/cd changer. I hear good things about this converter.

- Kicker CVR dual 12" subwoofer box - I already have this. No need to upgrade.

- Kicker ZX750.1 amp for the subwoofer - should be ideal for this box.

- Kicker ZX350.4 amp for the component system, and THIS IS WHERE I NEED HELP.

My guess is that for around $300-400 I should be able to get a decent pair of component speakers. The local car dealers are pushing DLS components, which I hear are not too shabby. DLS Reference 6.3 is $300 bucks and it's a 3 way. DLS Ultimate UP6i is the same $300 but it's a 2 way. DLS Ultimate UP36i is $400 and it's a 3 way. Now I know perfectly **** well that a good 2 way system will beat a 3 way anytime... But I actually hear and enjoy a good midrange. Having thus said, I tried looking at other component systems, namely, Rainbow, JL Audio, Focal, Morel, etc. They all seem to have decent component sets for $400-350, but I can't seem to make up my mind. Too many choices. Also, if I go with anything higher than DLS 6.3, I will need to buy Alpine PDX-4.150 to accomodate the power needs. That will result in addition of about $250 to my budget. And lastly, here is a tough one for me - I covered everything but the rear soundstage. What the hell do I put in there? I drive a coupe so I know sure as hell the rear speakers aren't as important to me as the front ones. Currently I have Pioneer 4 way in there.

Thank you.

One thread should be enough...
what a smartass...

to the op. get used to this type of treatment here. a lot of these idiots here think their soo cool. really, they don't have a life.

back to the topic. depending how much room you have in the doors and your music taste... i would go with the the dls iridium's. very nice components. woofers are kinda deep though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.