Budget System

Participant count
  • Participant list

buickid

So I've got about $650, new to the car audio thing, and I'm looking to build a system that will rattle the car a bit... I know some things about audio, I've got a decent system in my house. (Including a 1kw sub!) Not doing any SPL comps of course, but SQ isn't so much a priority. Everything from cable to HU's to tweeters will be needed. I can probably fab a box, but I don't know the calculations for them... We're looking at a 95 SL2 Saturn, but it doesn't have to be a real clean install. Maybe a bit of headroom on the sub, incase I ever get more cash for a beefier amp.

Thanks!

Thanks man! I notice that theres two different amps in there, the Crunch and the JBL. Whats the story with the huge price gap? Only one is needed, right? I'm assuming with the Crunch, since its two channel, you run one channel to each voice coil, and with the JBL, you run the two DVCs in parallel on one channel?

If anyone else could drop sugguestions, that'd be great!

Thanks,

-Trevor

Thanks man! I notice that theres two different amps in there, the Crunch and the JBL. Whats the story with the huge price gap? Only one is needed, right? I'm assuming with the Crunch, since its two channel, you run one channel to each voice coil, and with the JBL, you run the two DVCs in parallel on one channel?
If anyone else could drop sugguestions, that'd be great!

Thanks,

-Trevor

The crunch amp is for your mids/highs and the JBL is for your sub.

I have a JL Audio 500/1 amp right now listed for sale. Asking $250 + Paypal fees shipped, but all prices are nego.

2 15" Kicker CVRs in a prefab sealed off a Hifonics BX1000D/bxi1206d. Pretty decent...should shake some things up. My first "system" in a 95 sentra. Shaked the hellouta my car...when I had it.

Panasonic CQ-C5405U = $120Kicker KS5.2 = $105

Kicker DS693 = $50

Crunch PZi100.4 = $70

Diamond Audio D612D4 = $155

JBL GTO601.1II = $220

KLM Complete 4 Gauge Amp Installation Kit (Knukonceptz Item #KLM-K4) x 2 = $50

Klarity 2 Channel RCA Kable 5M (Knukonceptz Item #KLA-5M) = $8

This is a little over your budget, but it's the quickest thing I could find. I'm sure others will help. Good luck.
I'd trade out the Kicker mids/Highs for something else. Polk Audio or Just something else. I bought a complete set=up of Kicker one time and thought they would be the sh1t, but they ******. I then traded them in for Polk Audio and actually saved money and it sounded better. IMO!

i second the cvrs they are prolly the loudest subs for the money and are durable. my buddy has a pair of 12s he got for 160 nib off ebay and a audiobahn a8000t is easily attainable for 120. or you could get the 15s by shaving corners on the amp for the door speaks.

Also, those mid/highs, are they sold in sets of two, or indidually?

Hmm, added everything from sonice up, and it comes out to $805! :eek:

Might have to make a few cuts here...

Wheres the best place to cut back?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.