Budget Home Theater System

Participant count
  • Participant list

CJL
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
oZone
Looking for a home theater/surround sound system(5.1 or 7.1) system that would work with a PS3 for 1080p blu ray movies(so one without a dvd player would be ideal).

I found a couple but im not sure if they support 1080p via HDMI so i figured I would come here for advice.

Budget would be $2-300

Wow, you just said you want everything in the store but don't want to pay for it. What do you actually want, because you cannot buy 5 speakers, a subwoofer, a receiver and wiring for 300 dollars, let alone 200 dollars and expect it to sound good at all.

What PV said is true. What I'm doing right now is outputting the audio via optical cable to the receiver, and I'm outputting the video via HDMI cable. That way you won't have to buy one of those really expensive receivers. By doing so you'll also lose the 7.1 capability, but if you want to be as frugal as possible, this is the route I would go.

What PV said is true. What I'm doing right now is outputting the audio via optical cable to the receiver, and I'm outputting the video via HDMI cable. That way you won't have to buy one of those really expensive receivers. By doing so you'll also lose the 7.1 capability, but if you want to be as frugal as possible, this is the route I would go.
More info on this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.