Budget 6.5 component w/ good mid bass

depends on how much airspace you have in your doors, can easily do 50hz with a good amount of airspace. Your sub stage should play up to 70hz for a good blend anyways unless you like the low note wonder boxes/sub setups.
Well right now I have my sub low passed to about 50hz to kind of even out the frequency response of the stock HU. But yeah once I get the JL Audio FiX 86 to flatten it out I'll raise the filter to about 80hz.

Idk if I can even fit the 8. I might have to just do the 6.5"

depends on how much airspace you have in your doors, can easily do 50hz with a good amount of airspace. Your sub stage should play up to 70hz for a good blend anyways unless you like the low note wonder boxes/sub setups.

you need an active capable head unit or digital sound processor and then either two 2 channel amps or one 4 channel amp. Each mid and tweeter gets their own channel. They need to be crossed over properly to match your vehicle acoustics as well.
Check your PMs so I can ask you some more questions without completely jacking the thread please //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have the sb acoustics neo 29 which is the exact one. Its decent but its vastly inferior to my massive ckx tweets or CT-2 german silk tweets. Its like a wet towel over the tweeter in comparison even after a perfect tune. the driver cant get close to the clarity a cheap pair of massives can get nor the output no matter what crossover point or EQ slope you try to build. If it was good i would have switched out the massives already.... Plus the sb acoustics sound like sh*t crossed low. They need to be crossed 4khz and up to bring out any proper detail in the upper registry. their power handling tanks hard crossed low as well.. Dont even bother thinking of going off axis. Not even 20 degrees off axis.. the performance tanks extra hard when not directly facing your ears.
Not that the sb acoustics tweeter s*cks.. its smooth and fairly linear but its basically lifeless when it comes to detail and airyness. in comparison of course. power handling is right on point with the sb acoustics, They cant handle much more than rated even at higher crossover points, they stress out and break up compared to the massive tweeter with less rms ratings which took almost double RMS before stressing out.

just a lil rant on some buyer's remorse. If I have not heard better, i would have loved this tweet but sadly there's better out there for much cheaper.
I looked at massive site and don't see a listing for the ckx. The ct2 looks nice. You are the first person to say anything negative about the SB tweeter . You have heard them both so I believe you but several others had nothing but great things to say. But I know everyone listening styles is different. What about the SB mids have you heard them ? All things I have heard about pro audio drivers says they don't play as low as a standard CA driver. Don't really want to do 8s right now want to stick with 6.5. Any recommendations for a 6.5 that will play solid mid bass and take the 200 w I have available? How much will those massive tweets take ? I have the SB but not too late to return

I looked at massive site and don't see a listing for the ckx. The ct2 looks nice. You are the first person to say anything negative about the SB tweeter . You have heard them both so I believe you but several others had nothing but great things to say. But I know everyone listening styles is different. What about the SB mids have you heard them ? All things I have heard about pro audio drivers says they don't play as low as a standard CA driver. Don't really want to do 8s right now want to stick with 6.5. Any recommendations for a 6.5 that will play solid mid bass and take the 200 w I have available? How much will those massive tweets take ? I have the SB but not too late to return
I have had my mids on 150-160 daily for 5 years straight. Crossed over at 80hz. Prior car had them in a 3 way with JL ZR800s(monsters). New car is only using the mid. I honestly can't tell the difference. They pop up on fleebay for around $350 a set.

Here is the comp set. A dealer can also order just the mids. http://m.ebay.com/itm/HERTZ-HSK-165XL-4-CAR-AUDIO-6-5-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-MIDS-TWEETERS-CROSSOVERS-NEW-/272516371144?hash=item3f733dd2c8%3Ag%3AdO4AAOSwa%7EBYdCSF&_trkparms=pageci%253Adb203817-0378-11e7-bf9a-74dbd18083fd%257Cparentrq%253Aaa91316915a0a2b143dd1075ffff3ab7%257Ciid%253A3

Its not really negative, its just ive heard better and prefer more detail and clarity in the upper registry. The ct2 is the same tweet in the ckx

Most of how a tweeter will sound like comes from its axis. Some do better then others off axis. You can look on madisounds at ScanSpeak tweeters to get a better idea of how axis effects response. They show detail graphs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.