budget 5x7 or 5.25s

Participant count
  • Participant list

king nothing
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
illinois
Just got the wife a 2011 ford edge and the stereo sounds awful. she wont let me go crazy, so im going to start with just a 4 speaker upgrade. Im looking for some 5x7 or 5.25s. trying to keep it under 100 a pair. whats the budget set nowadays

That might work. I cant really suggest options though, because I dont shop for those sizes. But one thing I do recommend is getting an Alpine KTP-445u. It retails for $150 and is a 45watt RMS 4 channel amp. But it isnt really an amp in the traditional sense. It can usually fit in your dash behind the head unit, and doesnt require a power wire from the battery. You should look into it. You will appreciate your new speakers MUCH more than if you just ran them off the head unit power.

Im trying to convince her to let me put a small 5 channel amp and the pair of JBL 8s I have out in the garage in there. Dont know if shes going to go for it though

why two set's of speaker you realy only need one? most of the time the rear speaker in the back of car truck are bass speakers in the 100hz or less output range. this is becasue it is not noticable of ware it is comeing from to re place those we add subs . now the front speakers are the only set you will need because putting two sets in the car will distract the driver make you wonder ware it is coming from the nosies from it and it complicate tuning. any ways i prefer softer tweet like made of silk, textile, so on. the boston acoustics is a good brand i just do not know what tweet they got. since it is your ladies car i suggest a softer output to so she does not go deff from high output. like these if looking for higher output i would go for some thing like jbl's or infinity man are they loud lol'z. any ways these are my suggestion.

New Phoenix Gold RSD5CS 5 25" Car Component Set Speakers Tweeters Crossovers RSD 083713069281 | eBay

fivepoints. 2 sets because it is an SUV with 4 doors. YOU know it would sound better without rears. I know it would sound better without rears. Try convincing my wife of that LOL. Hell, Im only running front components in my Megacab dodge. I agree about silk tweets. i have an older pair of diamond D6s with silks and i LOVE the way they sound

i hear ya just though i would mention it check around some one cleared out a bunch of hex pro componets for 159.99 for the hex's they still had a few d6's and d3 if i remember right i will check real quick to see. check onlinecarstero.com for dimanod d6's in 5x7 for $150 for the componet sets

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.