Budget 4 channel amp

I'm looking for an amp for my son's car now.  I bought him a new deck, 6.5's and tweets for Christmas but I think his old amp might need replaced.  He has an older crossfire 4 channel.  Only 3 channels play and it sounds pretty bad.  It's also been exposed to water because it's rusting. I figure it's probably easier to get him a new amp and run new wires.  Is the Pioneer GM8604 still the go to budget amp?   I just looked and it's $140.  Did they price go up on these, I thought they used to be cheaper than that.  Is this still the best bang for your buck?  Thanks. 
Im not sure what everyone is considering a BUDGET priced amp these days?Price wise ect? I would think that you could get by with a 2 ch. amp if this is all you are wanting to power up and run at a 2 ohm stereo mode and possibly look at other options as well. Not knowing what 6.5s and tweets you are running,and what RMS power you are needing or wanting also limits to GUESS as to what kind of power you are looking for.Running Active or Passive also and rms of ea speaker, and Max amount willing to pay 

Im not sure what everyone is considering a BUDGET priced amp these days?Price wise ect? I would think that you could get by with a 2 ch. amp if this is all you are wanting to power up and run at a 2 ohm stereo mode and possibly look at other options as well. Not knowing what 6.5s and tweets you are running,and what RMS power you are needing or wanting also limits to GUESS as to what kind of power you are looking for.Running Active or Passive also and rms of ea speaker, and Max amount willing to pay 
It's going to be active.  I have an active capable head unit from JVC.  The 6.5's are Silverflutes and Tymphany 1" tweets. I'd like to stay $150 or below.  Thanks. 

The Rockville certainly did pretty well, as did the Pioneer, Soundqubed and Dual. I have got a Axxera 40D here that is at crutchfield right now for $65 and its rated 4x100 CEA. 
I just checked out the Axxera.  I've never heard of that brand before.  It has good reviews on Crutchfield.  That's definitely another option to think about.  Looking forward to another amp dyno video!  Thanks. 

The Rockville certainly did pretty well, as did the Pioneer, Soundqubed and Dual. I have got a Axxera 40D here that is at crutchfield right now for $65 and its rated 4x100 CEA. 
I picked up one of those Axxera amps as well. Guy dynoed the matching mono amp and it did rated. Korean made if Im not mistaken.  Hey, for $65 each, why not.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Pioneer amps are up at their website. Looks like a small cosmetic change nothing too drastic. FD are now class D. Still have the lame downward wire inputs according to five star car stereo. 1ohm stereo/1 ohm mono stable is new

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Amplifiers/GM+Digital+Series
I wish they'd  improve the looks but I got some of those ugly azz infinity amps so I guess I don't care. Lower ohm loads nice. I looked at the gm-d8794 I didn't see where it said it was 1 ohm mono but give the RMS ratings for 2 ohm bridged and 1 ohm stereo though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.